May 8, 2007

Gardens in Berkeley

Mom is leaving the country soon. It is my mission to bring her to more gardens so she can take TONS of pictures of flowers.


I didn't know there is a rose garden in Berkeley until I accidentally found it on the web. Right now (the month of May) is a good time to visit the rose garden. Admission is free ^^


Is this the only rose garden in the Bay Area with a bay view??


When the wind was blowing, the smell of roses filled the air.

Address: 1200 Euclid Avenue, Berkeley CA (right across from Codomices Park)



The second garden we visited is the UC Berkeley Botancial Garden. This place is located on the hillside and housed a vast collection of plants from different parts of the world.




I should had bring a water bottle and an umbrella along. I felt very thirsty after walking up and down the slope under such a hot weather. There are only two drinking fountains in the garden. I couldn't find one of them so I needed to walk back toward the entrance for the other one. Also, the vending machine in the garden only takes dollar bills and I didn't have any. :(

Other than the water issue, it is quite fun to hike around the garden.

Directions to the Botanical Garden

1 comment:

新鮮人 said...

休休閑閑咁接解花花草草是一件賞心樂事,
不是其它東西可以取替的,
好好! :)