Apr 11, 2008

Vivolo's Chowder House - Pacific Grove

I fell into the tourist trap at Monterey Cannery Row once where I had the worst fried fish in my life, so I had done my homework this time before I returned to the Monterey area.



I selected several highly rated (and affordable) restaurants in the area and let Hana picked the one she likes. It turned out our choice was not bad.


Clam Chowder - It tasted more like Cream of Herb, but the garlic cheese bread lid is quite good.


We were afraid that their oysters won't be very fresh, that's why we ordered them fried, but we were wrong. The oysters are not bad and we liked the way they fried them since the coating wasn't too thick.


The prawns were quite fresh too and Hana liked the sauce a lot.

Address: 127 Central Avenue, Pacific Grove, CA 93950
Tel: 831-372-5414
Website: www.vivoloschowderhouse.com

No comments: