Jul 18, 2008

Thanks to Ethanol!

My brother and I really like the kettle corn which is usually freshly cooked and sold at the farmer market or fairs. A few days ago, I heard on the radio about how ethanol production driving up the price of popcorn and then yesterday I encountered a kettle corn stand at the street fairs. The kettle corn used to be sold at $2/$4/$6 (Small/Medium/Large) and now it is at $3/$6/$8. We used to buy the large bag since we don't visit the farmer market often, but now we have to downgrade to a medium bag. :(

3 comments:

Haricot 微豆 said...

When I first came to Canada, I was shocked to find out that popcorn tasted salty and not sweet like the kettle corn sold in HK cinemas. I now prefer popcorn with neither salt nor sugar, just plain.

tofufa said...

haricot: Plain popcorn :O no butter too?

Haricot 微豆 said...

Only REAL butter, if they have it.