Nov 24, 2006

We got the Wii



Everyone is shopping for products at a deep discount on Black Friday, but me and my brother just want to buy a regular-priced Nintendo Wii (say NO to the inflated prices on eBay). Being disappointed of last Sunday launch, we had checked several stores to see if they will have the Wii back in stock soon. Only Toys R Us and Gamestop/EBgames were firm about Friday. I know Toys R Us open at 5AM today, so we just got there a bit after 4:30AM. It was freezing cold outside and worst part is we waited 30 minutes in the cold just to find out they don't actually have any Wii in stock. We were pissed and rushed to the Gamestop store in the mall nearby. We got there 40 minutes before the store open. There was about 11 people in line but the guy who works at the store said they only have 10 Wii in stock. It seemed kinda hopeless at that point, but I decided to stay in line and asked my brother to wait at another video game store in the same mall. It turns out the store only has 8 Wii available and some people ahead of me are friends or family who only purchase one system, so I was able to grab the second last Wii in store. We were that close from losing another opportunity to buy a Wii thanks to Toys R Us.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

真係好緊張咁喎,
早上4:30am?
嘩~~~又凍又黑,好辛苦呀,
好彩結果成功了! :)

Anonymous said...

小心整爆部電視啊:O)

冬冬 said...

I heard they have tons of Wii in stock at Sears and nobody knew about it. My coworker just walked in randomly on saturday and bought one home! hehehe

HanaMaru said...

My friend bought it online.
:P

kristie said...

恭喜你呀,搞到我都想要部.

Anonymous said...

嘩嘩嘩!早上四時去排隊,好野!為了打機,勁呀!點呀?點呀?好唔好玩呀?攪到我心癢癢,快點下寫下玩後報告....不過你應該冇時間寫,因為掛住玩!

Altair - 映昔台 said...

I was shopping with my daughter at ToysRUs this past Friday, and they constantly said they had Wii in stock. I guess it's not that popular on the east?!

tofufa said...

fresh: hai ar, we were afraid we couldn't get one before x'mas

Lay: I will hold on to the Wiimote tight >.<

冬冬: I didn't know Sears sell video game console too :P I will tell my friend to check with Sears too, thanks!

hana: your friend is lucky! I heard that some people are paying extra to buy the Wii bundle online.

kristie, bbj: 好好玩呀! buy lah buy lah!

altair: is that the one in Time Sq.? It seems like many people are still searching for one.

Altair - 映昔台 said...

i was in Queens.