Jul 9, 2006

4th World Cup Title

I waited 12 years for Italy to win the World Cup again. As I was watching the game today, it remained me of the 1994 World Cup final. I could still remember Roberto Baggio played in the 1994 final with a pad on his thigh. When he was selected to be one of the Italian players in the shoot out, the TV commentator said it is not a good choice since Baggio has an injured leg and he had played for 120 minutes already. The match ended with Baggio shooting the ball way above the goal. It was really sad to see Baggio down on his knee after that shot.

That's why I was afraid today game will go into penalty shoot out. I was afraid the history will repeat itself. But it turns out I was just worrying too much. The Italian players scored all 5 penalty shots while France missed one and that seal the victory. Yeah~~~!!

By the way, what's up with Zidane? I was so surprise to see him hitting someone during his last match.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sad to see Zidane got sent off
Happy to see Fabio, Pirlo and Gigi win:love: