Jul 17, 2006

下午茶/晚餐精選

Today is Spare The Air Day, we got to ride the BART for FREE. My brother suggested we should go to Hog Island Oyster Bar (at SF Ferry Building) for happy hour.

The happy hour oyster of today is Hog Island-Sand Isle Pacific from Humboldt Bay. Suppose this oyster is divided into two layers, I would say the outer layer is salty (as usual) and the inner layer is sweet. It is even sweeter than Kumamoto if I remembered correctly. Normally I don't put anything on the oyster but this time I had tried something different.


Procedure: Drain the seawater from the oyster.

Experiment 1: Added two drops of Tabasco sauce on the oyster, the spicy flavor is all over my mouth and I can't taste the saltiness and sweetness of the oyster.

Experiment 2: Someone added much lemon juice on the oyster, it is so sour that I can't taste the saltiness but it doesn't outrun the sweetness.

Experiment 3: Three to four drops of lime juice was added on the oyster, it is less sour but still outrun the saltiness and the sweetness remain.

Conclusion: I think I will use lime or lemon to minimize the saltiness in oyster and use Tabasco for oyster that is not very fresh.

Previous experience with this restaurant

No comments: