Sep 13, 2006

2pac



Didn't realize Tupac had left us for 10 years until I read the news today. Ten years ago, I had been in the States for about a year. Without much pocket money but a lot of free time on my hand, I often listened to Hip-Hop radio station for pastime. 2pac's songs always caught my ears when they are played on the radio. The first 2pac album I got is "All Eyez on Me". It is a double CD album with 13-14 tracks on each side. Seriously, none of the tracks have repeated melody or arrangment. I was really impressed with his music talent. Shortly afterward, 2pac released another album "the don killuminati: the 7 day theory" under the name - Makaveli. (I didn't know Makaveli = 2pac until my classmate told me about it) That album seems to give a different favor than the previous one and some of the tracks are filled with anger. And then the bullets claimed his life and he left behind hundreds of unreleased songs. What a true song writer!

Since the death of Tupac, followed by the death of Notorious B.I.G., I didn't listen to rap music as much as I used. Then, the inactivity of the Fugees and my change of heart added to the reasons why I left the Hip-Hop genre all together.

I'm listening to 2pac's album "All Eyez on Me" as I'm writing this entry. I think I had left his CDs untouch for over 8 years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If u dun listen, give them to me, i wanna try:)

tofufa said...

those CDs mean a lot to me although i don't listen to them anymore...I used to save up money for them~