Sep 16, 2006

New Concept Restaurant (順峰) - LA Area




A picture is saving me from typing worth a thousand words

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

The Good: 鮑汁玉子豆腐 (Fried egg white with abalone sauce)
This is my first time trying 玉子豆腐. At first my mom doesn't want me to order it because she had had it once in Hong Kong and it was horrible. It turns out New Concept did a good job on making this dim sum. The egg white is as soft as tofu, although I doubt the sauce is really made with abalone.

The Bad: 瑤柱腐皮白粥 (Porridge with dried scallop and tofu skin)
They must had cooked the porridge without dried scallop and tofu skin because the flavor of the porridge is very plain.

The Ugly: 白粥 (Porridge)
Not only do the porridge is lack of flavoring; the rices used to cook the porridge are grinded into smaller particles (so that they can save on cooking time, gas, and labor).

I think the other dim sums are okay, but my aunt thinks that they are so-so.

Address: 700 S. Atlantic Blvd. Monterey Park, CA
Tel#: (626)282-6800

No comments: