Sep 20, 2006

The Getty Villa Malibu



At first, visiting the Getty Villa museum wasn't part of my plan for this L.A. trip because the admission tickets were sold out a month ago. For some reasons, I checked the Getty website a day before we left for L.A. and I was thrilled to find available tickets for the Labor Day weekend.

The main building of Getty Villa recreates the Villa dei Papiri at Herculaneum, Italy. Do you remember the Roman town buried by the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in ancient time?


The Getty staff provided material for visitors to make their own Greek headdress. The headdress in the picture is created by my brother and mom.









Visiting the Getty museums (Getty Center and Getty Villa) is always a pleasant experience. I like tranquil environment, architecture, and gardens. In addition, the Getty staff are very friendly. I hope next time I can spend a whole day in both Getty museums so I can see all the art pieces and antiquities.





General Info: admission is free but we will need to reserve the ticket in advance. Parking is only $8.
Hours: Thur - Mon 10am - 5pm
For more info visit Getty visitor page

No comments: