Jun 17, 2006

Left Bank - Bay Area

This French restaurant has five locations in the Bay Area and we went to the one in Santana Row (San Jose). As we stepped into the restaurant, I was attracted by the decoration behind the bar. A picture worth a million words, I will let the picture speaks for myself.


Can you see the wine cellar behind the glass wall?



We had ordered three appetizers to start with: Onion Soup Gratinee, Escargots, and Fondue Savoyarde. I really like the onion soup; the cheese crust and flavor of the soup base is just the way I like it (the soup base is not salty at all). I had a high expectation for the escargots, but the garlic was too overwhleming in this dish. We almost empty the fondue of goat, brie, and bleu cheese. The fondue is very rich in texture and a little bit salty. I think it has a heavy milk taste.

I chose Salmon Roulade for the entree. The size of the salmon is a little bit bigger than a Filet Mignon. I like how they put leeks inside the salmon filet, so I can taste the seasoning in every bite of the fresh salmon. I also like the lentils in the dish, but I have to give them up because I could not finish the whole entree.



Address: 377 Santana Row, Suite 1100, San Jose, CA (5 locations in the Bay Area, but this is the one I went)
Tel#: (408) 984-3500
Website: http://www.leftbank.com/ (Please visit their website for the address of the other 4 locations)

No comments: