Jun 2, 2006

Quality Seafood - LA Area


Quality Seafood is a seafood market located on the lower level of the Redondo Beach Pier. They sell large varieties of live seafood: fishes, oysters, crabs, lobsters, shellfishes. You can buy the fresh seafood and they will steam everything on your request. My bro and I started off our seafood feast with a lot of raw oysters; so many that we can hardly finish. My mom ordered a smoked halibut but she said it is very salty, that's why I don't dare to take a bite. After a long long wait, the steamed Santa Barbara crabs were ready for pick up. My mom and bro really enjoy the 蟹糕 and crab roe (蟹子) from the female crabs.

After playing at the beach, we came back to order more Santa Barbara crabs and shellfish. The steamed conchs are really yummy; remind me of the spiral shell of east wind (東風螺) from Hong Kong. Too bad they don't have the sea urchin at that time and my bro had already talking about revisit this seafood heaven later this summer.

Address: 130 South International Boardwalk, Redondo Beach, CA
Tel#: (310)372-6408
Website: www.qualityseafood.net

No comments: